CHECK OUT OUR PTA WELCOME PACKET HERE!
We are the Hoffman-Boston Parent Teacher Association (PTA), parents and teachers working together to support the Hoffman-Boston community. Our mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by helping families and our community to advocate for and support our children.
What does the Hoffman-Boston PTA actually do? A lot! For example, we:
- Arrange afterschool programs for your kids to learn new things like chess, karate, cooking, and more. Scholarships are available!
- Help families learn about resources that Arlington County and Arlington Public Schools offer such as
- Health clinics that provide affordable mental and physical health services
- Sports and recreation classes and activities
- Events and activities at nature centers and historical sites
- Services related to special education and students with special needs
- Grow and tend school gardens to help students learn about environmental science, biology, nutrition, and more and beautify our school grounds.
- Help our teachers buy supplies for their classrooms like books, musical instruments, and other educational equipment.
- Encourage and support students to express themselves through art with the Reflections program.
- Help with school-sponsored activities such as Family Fun Nights, Block Party, Winter Festival, and Celebration of Cultures to further encourage family engagement which helps to increase student success.
- Expose students to music and theater by providing discounted tickets to see concerts and plays at the Kennedy Center.
- Build community and fitness by sponsoring student participation in activities such as the Marine Corps Marathon Kids One-Mile Fun Run.
- Sponsor family fun activities such as Movie Night, Parents’ Night Out and Restaurant Nights that build social skills and community.
- Organize and cater breakfast and lunch for teachers during parent-teacher conferences and Teacher Appreciation Week
- Support our community through food pantry and fresh produce distribution
We welcome your ideas and your support to make our community the best it can be for our children!